Stop voiding your upholstery warranty, and start using the best product for your Omni Table vinyl.
This one simple step can save you dollars.
Step 1 – Ask yourself; is the cleaning product you are using:
- Proven to kill COVID?
- Certified by the TGA?
- Certified by Serge Ferrari?
- Deemed safe for storage in a non-ventilated area?
- Manufactured in Australia?
If your current product does not do this, chances are you are not meeting your minimum goal of cleaning, disinfecting, or protecting. You are not exercising safety for yourself or your patients. You are not using a product that will maintain the longevity of your table’s upholstery, and you are most definitely not getting the best bang for your buck!
A recent sample survey completed among Chiropractors revealed that only 3 out of 17 commonly used products for cleaning and disinfecting tables were effective against COVID-19. Five out of 17 were over the counter household cleaners, therefore not guaranteed (or certified by Serge Ferrari) to maintain the quality of table upholstery. While one product was not a cleaner at all, instead a product that promotes healthy digestion, deemed ‘unsafe’ for soft upholstery by the FDA in 1999.
Some of the products shared by Chiropractors within the survey were cause for concern. Such as:
- General purpose detergents for mopping or scrubbing hard surfaces guaranteed to crack soft table upholstery
- A product classed as DG, Dangerous Goods (which incurs extra shipping charges and is highly flammable) being used on soft upholstery
- Multi-purpose products from department chains such as Eucalyptus Oil – which contains surfactant and ethanol from natural sugars, naturally sourced alkalinity builders – used on soft upholstery
- And H2O2 spray-peroxide which is highly acidic (pH3.5) and will discolour and deteriorate soft upholstery over time
The number one product that ticked all the boxes was Bio Hygiene’s BevistoCryl.
BevistoCryl (ARTG 335345 & 231214) is a ready-made hospital-grade disinfectant and cleaner, designed to foam that is suitable for all surfaces. Foam prevents the user from inhaling chemicals, and makes it very economical, outlasting conventional spray chemicals by 3 times.
BevistoCryl has been tested in Australia and Germany to be effective against COVID-19, Bactericidal (incl MRSA), yeasticidal and virus-inactivating against Vaccinia, and H1N1; and it is manufactured in Australia, which means longer shelf life, keeping jobs locally and stock always available.
Other BevistoCryl Features are:
- Compatible with: Dental Chair Upholstery – Medical Devices – Chiro Table Upholstery-
- pH neutral – Suitable for all surfaces
- Certified by Serge Ferrari
- No Alcohol – No Phenols – No Aldehydes – No Ethanol – No Glutaraldehyde
- Biodegradable to OECD standards
- Successfully tested for human and environmental impacts R.E.A.C.H (EU)
So, consider the products you are using. If you are using something that is highly flammable (signified by the fire icon on the bottle) or something that requires storage in a ventilated area, it is NOT good for your health, or your table’s upholstery.
If you are using a general household cleaner, or an over the counter oil which may smell nice but is not TGA or Serge Ferrari approved. It will NOT protect you or your patients.
By saving a couple of dollars with a cheap solution (pun intended) you are potentially committing yourself to paying many more dollars in the future and having to replace the entire table covering. Think of the time and effort you will have to go to, to pay and replace your tabletop. It does not have to be this way!
Click this link HERE to get the best solution for your patients, your table and you!